This program is designed to assist MONE District 1 members
in obtaining an education degree to advance their skills
and expertise in contemporary practice. Scholarships may
be used for tuition, books or research expenses.
The MONE District 1 scholarship
program will be administered by the District 1 Board. Allocation
of funds will be determined during the budget process each
Applications must be completed and submitted by August
31 of each year.
- The District 1 Board will review all applications
for compliance with eligibility and selection requirements.
- Eligible candidate applications will be forwarded
to the MONE District 1 Board in September for final
selection. Board members who have applied for a scholarship
will be excused during the selection process.
- Selection will be made at the September Board meeting.
- Notification of awards will be made by September
30. The recipient will receive the scholarship award
at the Fall Educational Event.
- The scholarship applicant may apply for a one-time
renewal of the scholarship if minimum selection criteria
and eligibility are met.
Up to three (3) scholarships of $1,000
each will be awarded. These scholarships may be used for:
- BSN completion
- MSN or related Masters Degree Program
- Ph.D. or related doctoral program
You must be: A MONE District 1 member
or submit membership application with scholarship application
Currently enrolled or have a proof of enrollment in a nursing
or related degree program Have a minimum of a 3.0 grade
point average in current academic work MONE District 1 Board
members are eligible to apply for a scholarship
All applications must be
complete to be considered for selections. A completed application
consists of the following components: (Typewritten and submitted
- Complete the Application Form
- Describe your activity with MONE. Participating
includes attendance at meetings, committee, or task
force memberships, and leadership positions held (such
as Chair of committee, or task force, District Director,
- Submit a one page (double-spaced) document indicating
educational and career goals you wish to achieve upon
attainment of this degree. Explain why the attainment
of this degree will facilitate your professional leadership
- Include a Financial Plan indicating how the money
will be used.
- Curriculum Vitae including the following: educational
background, professional experience, honors and awards,
activity in professional and community organizations.
- Official transcripts of all course work completed
in current program. If the applicant is enrolled in
a program but has not yet started course work, submit
previous academic transcript from last degree school
Mail your application to:
District 1 Director
1430 Greenview Drive
Arbor, MI 48103
Revised July 2014