This program is designed to assist MONE District 1 members
in obtaining an education degree to advance their skills
and expertise in contemporary practice. Scholarships may
be used for tuition, books or research expenses.
The MONE District 1 scholarship program will be administered
by the District 1 Board. Allocation of funds will be determined
during the budget process each year.
Applications must be completed
and submitted by August 31 of each year.
- The District 1 Board will review all applications for
compliance with eligibility and selection requirements.
- Eligible candidate applications will be forwarded to
the MONE District 1 Board in September for final selection.
Board members who have applied for a scholarship will be
excused during the selection process.
- Selection will be made at the September Board meeting.
- Notification of awards will be made by September 30.
The recipient will receive the scholarship award at the
Fall Educational Event.
- The scholarship applicant may apply for a one-time renewal
of the scholarship if minimum selection criteria and eligibility
Up to three
(3) scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded. These scholarships
may be used for:
- BSN completion
- MSN or related Masters Degree Program
- Ph.D. or related doctoral program
be: A MONE District 1 member or submit membership application
with scholarship application Currently enrolled or have
a proof of enrollment in a nursing or related degree program
Have a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average in current academic
work MONE District 1 Board members are eligible to apply
for a scholarship
All applications must be complete to be considered for
selections. A completed application consists of the following
components: (Typewritten and submitted together)
- Complete the Application Form
- Describe your activity with MONE. Participating
includes attendance at meetings, committee, or task
force memberships, and leadership positions held (such
as Chair of committee, or task force, District Director,
- Submit a one page (double-spaced) document indicating
educational and career goals you wish to achieve upon
attainment of this degree. Explain why the attainment
of this degree will facilitate your professional leadership
- Include a Financial Plan indicating how the money
will be used.
- Curriculum Vitae including the following: educational
background, professional experience, honors and awards,
activity in professional and community organizations.
- Official transcripts of all course work completed
in current program. If the applicant is enrolled in
a program but has not yet started course work, submit
previous academic transcript from last degree school
Mail your application to:
District 1 Director
1430 Greenview Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Revised July 2014