This program is designed to assist MONE District
1 members in obtaining an education degree to advance
their skills and expertise in contemporary practice.
Scholarships may be used for tuition, books or research
- The MONE District 1 scholarship program
will be administered by the District 1 Board.
Allocation of funds will be determined during the
budget process each year.
- Applications must be completed and submitted
by August 31 of each year.
- The District 1 Board will review all
applications for compliance with eligibility and
- Eligible candidate applications will be forwarded
to the MONE District 1 Board in September
for final selection.
- Board members who have applied for a scholarship
will be excused during the selection process.
- Selection will be made at the September Board
- Notification of awards will be made by September
30. The recipient will receive the scholarship award
at the Fall Educational Event.
- The scholarship applicant may apply for a one-time
renewal of the scholarship if minimum selection
criteria and eligibility are met.
- Up to three (3) scholarships of $1,000
each will be awarded. These scholarships may be
- BSN completion
- MSN or related Masters Degree Program
- Ph.D. or related doctoral program
- You must be:
- A MONE District 1 member or submit
membership application with scholarship application
- Currently enrolled or have a proof of enrollment
in a nursing or related degree program
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average
in current academic work
- MONE District 1 Board members are
eligible to apply for a scholarship
- All applications must be complete to be considered
for selections. A completed application consists
of the following components: (Typewritten and
- Complete the
- Describe your activity with MONE. Participating
includes attendance at meetings, committee,
or task force memberships, and leadership positions
held (such as committee chair, task force,
district director, secretary, etc.).
- Submit a one page (double-spaced)
document indicating educational and career goals
you wish to achieve upon attainment of this
degree. Explain why the attainment of this degree
will facilitate your professional leadership
- Include a
Financial Plan indicating how the money
will be used.
- Curriculum Vitae including the following:
educational background, professional experience,
honors and awards, activity in professional
and community organizations.
- Official transcripts of all course work
completed in current program. If the applicant
is enrolled in a program but has not yet started
course work, submit previous academic transcript
from last degree school attended.
Email your application to:
Revised July 2016